Conversion Rate Optimization And Your Website
– Getting Visitors to your website is all fine and dandy, but the real success is transforming them into Customers.
Heck, there are any number of ways you could reach new Prospects on a daily basis, but until some green starts moving hands you might as well be calling your mommy for a pat on the back. Lets face it, you’re in business to make money. While there are a lot of factors which go into building a successful website, Conversion Rate Optimization is one of the biggest keys.
Conversion Architecture Is The Foundation For Conversion Rate Optimization
Conversion Rate Optimization doesn’t just happen because you will it into existence. If it were that easy, the folks here at Marketing Matters Inbound would be out of a job and you would be able to spend your days lying on a beach sipping pi?a coladas. While no one is opposed to the occasional vacation (or pi?a colada), the number one goal is to help you boost sales and increase your bottom line.
For Conversion Rate Optimization to work, you must first create a Conversion Rate Architecture for your site. This ensures your website offers Visitors a natural flow from their point of entry (aka landing page) to their final purchase (aka conversion).
The goal of Conversion Rate Architecture is to remove friction and obstacles which might cause Prospects to leave. However, a variety of obstacles can keep your website from converting, including:
- Poor Planning
- Bad Content
- Badly Chosen Calls-to-Action (CTA)
- Poorly Designed Landing Pages
Conversion Rate Optimization Requires Clear Calls-to-Action
As with any sales technique, making ?the ask? can be the most difficult step. There are a lot of different factors to consider, including:
- How do you do it?
- What?s the right way to do it?
- When should you do it?
The answers to these questions play a major role in determining where you place your CTAs and how you word them. They are an integral part of your Conversion Rate Optimization because they are final step of your Conversion Rate Architecture. Without good CTAs you could lead your Visitors and Prospects all over hells half acre and never convert them into a Customer.
How You Can Improve Conversion Rate Optimization
- Your Conversion Optimization Consultant Knows How To Analyze Data ? Chances are, you?re an expert in something other than Conversion Rate Optimization. To you, your website?s analytics probably looks like a foreign language. To a Conversion Optimization Consultant this data represents your sales funnel and any hiccups which might be clogging it.
- Your Conversion Optimization Consultant Knows How Page Layout Affects Results ? Not all locations are created equal. Some are more valuable than others. Your Conversion Optimization Consultant knows that information placed above the fold is more likely to be seen and consumed by a visitor than information on the bottom half of a web page.
- Your Conversion Optimization Consultant Knows Where Your Visitors Enter ? By looking at which Landing Pages are getting the most number of hits, your Conversion Optimization Consultant can help you stay focused.
No matter what, remember the goal of Conversion Rate Optimization is to increase conversions. As you engage Visitors and court Prospects, track your results. Pay attention to what is working and what isn?t. Work closely with your Conversion Optimization Consultant to tweak your process and create a stronger presence so you can maximize your success.
Want to see if your website is set up for optimal conversion rates? Get your website graded:
Marketing Matters Inbound?is an inbound marketing firm specializing in online conversions, content?strategy, call-to-action mapping and traditional media placement. Our experience in?B2B digital?marketing?and traditional media allows us to deliver results through a strategic media mix. We believe in?aligning and merging marketing and sales/operations for optimal return on your marketing investment.