Choosing?Solutions from?CRM Software?Reviews
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is the most advanced component in the quickly evolving process of inbound marketing. And as more companies begin to employ the many facets of sharing meaningful content online to help inform the buying decisions of potential customers, CRM software provides them with a tool to effectively coordinate the business relationships that emerge from this process.
NetSuit and HubSpot are two of the leaders in this rapidly growing marketing specialty. As part of our series of CRM software reviews, let’s take a look at some key areas of how they compare to one another.
NetSuite is based in San Mateo, California with over 2,500 employees scattered in branch offices and call centers across the United States and around the world. They are a publicly traded company with their IPO (initial public offering) occurring in 2007. NetSuite reported a net income of $70 million for 2013.
HubSpot was founded in 2006 and is also a publicly traded company with its IPO occurring in 2014. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the company now has approximately 700 employees with branch offices in Sydney and Dublin. Their IPO price was $25 and shares have climbed to near $33 in just two months, with 2012 reported revenues at $52 million.
- inbound marketing is their primary area of business focus
- easy integration of their CRM software with other systems
- effective client data centralization
- reduced data entry required with single input populating across the platform
- places client info and response tools (email, phone, tweet, etc.) in one place ? effectively eliminating the need to jump around the system for different tasks
- user friendly drag and drop functionality for task tracking
- automatically pulls client social media info to ease appropriate reply choices
- excellent visual history interface with clear metric measuring formats
- useful sales and marketing interaction
- allows remote access
- lacks advanced customization features
- has a steep learning curve making it hard to get running quickly
- user blogging features are somewhat limited
- $200 monthly ? basic ? 3 users & 100 contacts
- $800 monthly – professional ? unlimited users ? 1,000 contacts
- $2400 monthly ? enterprise ? unlimited users ? 10,000 contacts
- effective tracking of lead to conversion process
- delivers useful 360 degree view of your full history with each customer
- includes a helpful forecasting component that aids up-selling
- good global management element
- remote access enabled
- excellent analytics
- good workflow management delivering leads to sales reps in a timely manner
- integration between sales and inventory
- company focus is too widely dispersed across a disparate array of applications, according to CRM software reviews (e.g., Forbes)
- non-competitive pricing
- problematic revenue growth & customer renewal metrics raising questions of longterm viability
- overly-complex dashboard
- not ideal for small to medium sized businesses
- $79 monthly ? 1 user only
- additional users – $79 monthly each
- most CRM software reviews mention their lack of open pricing information
HubSpot CRM software reviews frequently emphasize it is principally targeted at small to medium sized businesses. The fact that they are relatively new in the CRM area has allowed them to learn from others experiences to design an effective system that is competitively priced.
NetSuite CRM is a useful tool with excellent marketing effectiveness tools and lead to conversion tracking. However,?lack of company focus and uncompetitive pricing is a handicap for small & medium sized businesses. And long term viability issues present a warning signal to large enterprises.
Marketing Matters Inbound?is an inbound marketing firm specializing in online conversions, content?strategy, PPC campaigns and traditional media placement. Our experience in?B2B digital?marketing?and?traditional media?allows us to deliver results through a strategic media mix. We believe in?aligning and merging marketing and sales/operations for optimal return on your marketing investment.