With the right inbound marketing solutions at your fingertips, your business can soar. But what platform is right for you? Do you need more than one product to adequately cover all your bases? Industry giant HubSpot provides a single platform from which businesses can create and manage all their inbound marketing activities and deeply analyze results. But you may have different needs or priorities.
For your company, SalesGenius may be a more effective choice. That?s because these two products are designed for different types of users:
- HubSpot offers a comprehensive package of features and tools, easy-to-use functionality, and fully integrated reporting capabilities. These features can be a real boon to small and mid-size businesses with small marketing staffs and small or non-existent IT staffs. HubSpot is a good choice for B2B and B2C businesses.
- SalesGenius is designed to augment SalesForce, SAP, NetSuite, etc. by adding high-powered automation capabilities, primarily for email and social marketing. The software is intended to boost access and coordination in B2B enterprises where marketing needs to deliver better (and better-targeted) campaigns and sales needs to get perfectly-timed hand-offs.
- Full content management system that includes responsive website design and automatic mobile optimization to attract and nurture top-of-funnel and mid-funnel prospects.
- Powerful tools for SEO, including keyword research.
- Easy-to-use tools and templates to build calls-to-action, landing pages and email campaigns.
- Blog and social media publishing and tracking.
- Lead scoring capabilities.
- Very good customer life-cycle tracking and analytics.
- Extensive resources available to learn about inbound marketing and implementation best practices.
- Consistently rated #1 among inbound marketing solutions.
- No built-in customer relationship management (CRM) capability. However, HubSpot does integrate easily with third-party CRM products, including SalesForce, which is a preferred partner.
- Limited options for advanced customization.
- Some users need deeper analytics than they can get through HubSpot.
- Combines demand generation with marketing automation, focusing on email and social campaigns.
- Flexible workflow design and implementation easily applied to multiple verticals.
- Real-time prospect engagement alerts.
- System tracks opens, clicks and web visits, scoring leads based on composite of all behaviors.
- Cloud-based, runs on an advanced platform to assure consistently high performance and availability.
- Rated #1 on SalesForce?s AppExchange for solutions that support both sales and marketing.
- Reviewers rave about responsive customer service.
- Paid subscriptions include training, support, deliverability consulting and a dedicated Customer Success manager.
- Not really intended to be a complete inbound marketing solution ? no blog or SEO components.
- Steep learning curve to master the software.
- Not all data carries over from SalesForce, leaving marketing knowledge gaps.
It all comes down to your priorities. If you?re already running SalesForce or a similar platform but need highly advanced automation to align marketing and sales more effectively, SalesGenius could be an excellent investment. However, if you require a full complement of inbound options to attract visitors and nurture leads, then HubSpot?s across-the-board versatility is likely to be a more effective investment, now and in the future.
Marketing Matters Inbound?is an inbound marketing firm specializing in online conversions, content?strategy, call-to-action mapping and traditional media placement. Our experience in?B2B digital?marketing?and traditional media allows us to deliver results through a strategic media mix. We believe in?aligning and merging marketing and sales/operations for optimal return on your marketing investment.