Legal Marketing Services: 10 Tips to Improve Web Presence and Increase Caseload
Legal Marketing Services: Create a Consistent Web Presence
Your Inbound Marketing Strategies and any remaining traditional advertising efforts must work together to create a consistent picture of your law firm, your legal services and how the prospect will benefit from working with you.
Whether you’re managing your marketing in-house or hiring an agency for legal marketing services, be sure that your marketing team understands the importance of an integrated web presence, and that online marketing requires more than just a well-structured website with good content.
The tips below will help you create that winning web presence.
- Have a clear brand vision. You may not think in terms of brand when promoting your law firm, but you should, and so should the professionals providing your legal marketing services. Everything you put out on the Internet should support your underlying brand message and give prospects something to rely on.
- Make the most of your blog. According to HubSpot’s Marketing Benchmarks from 7,000+ Businesses, businesses that blog even once or twice per month generate 70% more leads than those without blogs. And, blogging more frequently increases both traffic and leads.
- Create good, responsive content. Prospects who visit your website are looking to solve a problem, and you know from experience what their most common concerns are. Make sure your content tells them that you understand their issues, care and know how to help.
- Make it easy for your prospects to find what they want and convert. A study by SLI Systems revealed that 73% of web customers abandon a site if they don’t find what they’re looking for in less than two minutes. In competitive areas such as legal services, that time may be much shorter.
- Give visitors a reason to share your content. The wider your web presence, the more traffic and prospects you’ll draw back to your website. Create website content and blog posts that people will want to link back to, share in social media and otherwise disseminate.
- Cultivate reviews. If you’re in a state that allows it, ask your clients to complete online reviews. In a 2013 survey by BrightLocal, 85% of consumers said they read online reviews for local businesses—up from 76% just one year earlier.
- Choose your social networks wisely. You know social media is a powerful tool for getting your content out on the web, but not all social networks are equal. For example, an Investis IQ Audience Insight Report revealed that LinkedIn drives more traffic to corporate sites than all other social networks combined. The right legal marketing services provider can advise you as to the best channels for your practice.
- Optimize your website for natural search. Social media, inbound links, online reviews and other factors play a role in website traffic. However, natural search accounts for nearly half of web traffic, according to a Conductor study of more than 300 million web visits.
- Test and adjust. The vast majority of marketers in the legal field and beyond don’t test their inbound marketing efforts, but that’s a big mistake. HubSpot’s 2013 State of Inbound Marketing Report shows that marketers who conduct A/B testing are 75% more likely to show a positive return on their inbound marketing investments.
- Work with the right agency. Most law firms don’t have the expertise or staff to manage all of these aspects, and that means hiring an outside agency for legal marketing services. But, all agencies are not created equal. Make sure that when you choose a provider for your legal marketing services, you find one familiar with your market and the regulatory challenges the legal profession faces.
For more information on how to increase your caseload through Inbound Marketing, download our free white paper:
Marketing Matters Inbound is an inbound marketing firm specializing in online conversions, content strategy, PPC campaigns and traditional media placement. Our experience in B2B digital marketing and traditional media allows us to deliver results through a strategic media mix. We believe in aligning and merging marketing and sales/operations for optimal return on your marketing investment.