What is Your Page Rank?
-?Google Algorithms are computer programs responsible for calculating website page rankings. The higher the page rank, the higher the site appears in search engine results page for specific keywords.
Inbound Marketing experts are kept on-guard due to the constantly changing algorithms. But, one thing has remained constant about Google?s page rankings, they?re always related to those links we all see on websites and blogs across the net.
Website Grader: Understanding Google?s Page Rank
The best way to explain how page rank works is to imagine that Google as the #1 voter polling station on the internet. Their job when an election closes is to count every vote from every link that it locates on the World Wide Web.
In a typical democracy, the votes would be weighed as followed:
- Each individual person only gets to cast one vote
- All of the votes are tallied up after the polls close
- The site with the most votes wins the election
However, Google?s page rank votes aren?t tallied in the same fashion as a typical democracy vote. Instead, Google gives more weight to sites they believe bring more value to consumers, such as:
- Authoritative Sites
- Industry-Relevant Sites
- Popular Sites
- Sites Updated Regularly with Fresh Content
5 Ways a Website Grader Can Increase Page Rank
A?professional website grader will reveal that there?s no quick and simple way to increase page rank. It takes effort to ensure your site displays on the first page of relevant Google searches. Here are five things a website grader will tell you:
- Combine Site Votes ? Do you know that search engines view and www.yoursite.com as two different sites? This is the equivalent of ?splitting your votes? among these two sites. Instead, use a permanent 301 redirect so that one of these URLs automatically redirects to the other.
- Acquire Relevant Backlinks ? Linking back to your site from other sites related to your industry, niche or Solution increases your popularity with Google. Even if a site mentions your business, the mention brings no page rank value unless there?s an actual backlink to your site.
- Link to Authoritative Sites ? Google gives special favor to authoritative sites. These sites are run by businesses who are very influential in their industries. For example, sites hosted on .gov domains carry extremely high page rankings. Linking to these sites, as well as other relevant authoritative sites, helps increase page rank substantially.
- Link to Other High Ranking Sites ? Linking to relevant content on other sites with high page rank is valuable.?This helps to increase page rank, as long as the sites are relevant to your industry, niche or Solutions. One exception to this rule is when you link to relevant content on a non-related site. As long as Google believes that the content you?re linking to is relevant, these links will help increase your page rank.
- Target Effective SEO Keywords ? SEO is more than just coming up with popular words people use in online searches. It involves finding the right keywords, the ones being used by your target audience to locate and research Solutions like yours. A Website Grader?helps you evaluate keywords for optimum performance and higher conversion rates.
Increase Your Page Rank on Google
Now that you know how a website grader can help increase page rank.?Contact Us to get your website graded and learn valuable tips to increase your page rank today:
Marketing Matters Inbound?is an inbound marketing firm specializing in online conversions, content?strategy, call-to-action mapping and traditional media placement. Our experience in?B2B digital?marketing?and traditional media allows us to deliver results through a strategic media mix. We believe in?aligning and merging marketing and sales/operations for optimal return on your marketing investment.